UPDATE: 09.09.2021, 12:00
“Vrana” Park will transform into a large-scale light art installation from September 16 to 18
Taking in consideration the new package of anti-epidemic measures, we made the following changes in the organization of the event:
- tickets will be sold ONLY online at https://epaygo.bg/4165301682
- The starting time of the event is 20:30
- we introduce one-way traffic on the alleys in the park
- masks are required at the entrance
- we ask everyone to keep a distance of 1.5 meters when they are not family
Please do not come all at 20:30, it is not necessary. No matter what time you come, the nature of the installation is such that you will not miss anything.
The eleventh edition of UrbanCreatures, city art project, part of the cultural events calendar of Sofia Municipality, will see the creation of a large-scale art installation, which will combine light, music, nature and technology into one.
For three evenings only, lasting from 8:30 p.m. until midnight, on an area of 100,000 square meters, citizens and guests to Sofia will be able to dive into a reality like no other.
Sofia Lights is planned to be one of the few events in Sofia, equally pleasant, fun and accessible for both parents and children.
For the last 10 years Urban Creatures has walked a long path – from Perlovska River’s bed in Poduyane to the exquisite murals at the heart of the capital.
“Urban Creatures has continued growing and looking for new ways of expression and communication with people. And today we can state with certainty that people in the big city are very tired. Tired of the virtual world and digital communication, tired of the lack of personal contact with friends and loved ones, of the negative emotions and the lack of closeness with nature.
That’s why in 2021 we give you Sofia Lights, merging art, technologies and nature into one unique outdoors experience. An experience, which has never happened and will only last for three nights.
We aim to give Sofia’s citizens and guests a chance to experience something relaxing and recharging, during the last days of summer and on the threshold of the new school year, before the crazy daily routine is upon us all”, says Iasen Geshev.
In 2021 Iasen Geshev, founder of UrbanCreatures, will step outside as an artist, not only a producer, during Sofia Lights.
SOFIA LIGHTS – Facebook event: https://fb.me/e/3PptfsaJg
381 Tsarigradsko Shosse Boulevard
East entrance, to the side of the Vrana forestry
(NOT the one on Tsarigradsko Shosse Boulevard)
You can reach Vrana Park by car or the 505 bus,
leaving from the Eagles’ Bridge (Orlov Most).
|TIMETABLE: 505 bus|
|16,17,18 September||16,17,18 September|
16, 17, 18 September 2021
Start: 8:30 p.m.
Children from 0 to 3: free of charge
Children from 3 to 18: 5 leva
Adults: 10 leva
Disabled people: free of charge
* Ticket sale only ONLINE
LINK FOR ONLINE TICKETS:
To experience everything to the full extent, please, bear in mind the following:
- “Vrana” Park is a piece of landscape park art, which has a history of more than 120 years.
- Please, respect the park and its plant creatures – don’t pick flowers, don’t break, don’t climb, don’t litter. Observe the park’s rules!
- The appropriate clothing for an evening in the park is: long sleeves, trousers, closed-toed shoes.
- You will be surrounded by nature, so we recommend using an insect repellent.
- Parents have the full responsibility for their children and must observe their whereabouts at all times.
- There is a lake in the park. Move around it with caution.
- Passing over the fences and the restrictive tapes on the whole territory of the park is strictly forbidden.
- If you want, you can take a torch and use it, if necessary.
- Keep the elements of the light installation safe. Everyone, trying to damage or take a piece, will be kept responsible for their actions.
- Please, observe the current physical distance restrictions and if there is a gathering of people outside your immediate party, we recommend putting on a mask.
- Visiting “Vrana” Park with your pet is not allowed.